4.07.2006

a real post

Checking in from crazy-land, where I am currently a full-time resident. I'm very happy to be almost done with the planning for a poetry workshop I'm leading tomorrow. I think it's going to be a wicked workshop and I'm really looking forward to it. However, it was (is) a large amount of work which I totally underestimated.

I'm thinking I must have been feeling fried anyways, since I went to bed at 9:00PM last night and slept through until 8:00 this morning. That felt good but did nothing for my productivity. Now I'm awake and done with the workshop planning and ready to get back on track with my own thing.

Got another very nice rejection letter today. It bothered me even less than the last one. Either I am developing a thicker skin, or I am just aware that the story in question is not my best work. I think I'm going to put it in the trunk for awhile and start working on other things.

Had a horrible nightmare about Clarion West last night. I'm trying so hard not to fixate, since the likelihood of my getting in is teeny-tiny (hey, especially since one of the stories I sent in is being routinely rejected - d'oh!). It's hard not to daydream about it. I'm trying to keep at least one foot on the ground, so that I'm not broken-hearted if I don't get in. After all, there's always next year!

No comments: